Music and Media
Over the two terms of the Music and Media course, students will gain the knowledge that will enable them to begin using the computer and current media to perform many of the basic functions of the current working musician:
- Use computers and mobile devices as tools for creating and performing music
- Create musical arrangements using a sequencer
- Record and mix music on the computer
- Use music notation software to create and print musical scores
- Record and produce basic videos to enhance music productions
- Combine music and video on the computer
- Create a basic website
Music students, as aspiring arts professionals should be aware and have knowledge of what is possible in this new media world, and have direct experience with being able to use these media.
The instructors for this course are people who use these media in their professional work.